Aug 7, 2008

Zip-Up Sewing Bag

Yes, I've been too lazy to put my sewing machine away, soooo I decided to make more goodies for me! Plus, I had an extra zipper just lyin' around. This time I made a zip-up bag to put all of my sewing crap into-- thread, thimble, tape measure, pins,& hem ripper ( i think that's what it's called).

So here we go!

So: I took the strip of fabric.


Then: took a contrasting fabric for the lining, measured it to match my first strip, & cut it out.

Now funny story. I had to iron both pieces, cuz they were kinda wrinkly, and you want smooth fabric to get the most accurate results. BUT I COULD'T FIND MY DAMN IRON. So I improvised, and used my flat iron. LOL. it worked just as well, if not better, & i was able to get smaller corners and fold better than a conventional iron. I wouldn't make a habit out of it though, maybe it has damaging long-term effects. anywhoo...

Now: i thought i'd like a pocket inside for small things like safety pins, or sharper things like scissors. i took another fabric and folded in the edges to make seams.


Project Pocket Complete!


For some reason, i thought it would be a good idea to make an appliqué on the outside of the bag, since it looked kind of plain. Mind you: I have never done appliqués before, & honestly, this was the hardest part of the whole darn thing.


Afterwards: I turned it inside out, attached the zipper on both sides.


Now: because I just took a the two strips of fabric and folded it in half, i could now just pin the sides and sew them up!


Baggie Finished!


Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous, you are so talented. I could never do anything like that.

California Lucky said...

aw thank you so much! you're such a sweetie!